504 Java Profile

504 Java Profile
Two of my favorite things

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Maiden Voyage

I confess to being an absolute novice at blogging. Maybe it is my age or that I am by nature a bit too analytical. I have resisted the Twitter fad because I thought it a bit narcissistic to think that anyone cared what I was thinking when I came out of Popeye's Fried Chicken or a movie.

I also read blogs that were a bit of a downer. They appeared to be vents, rages, self-absorbed compositions explaining why life wasn't fair.

Then I read a blog forwarded to me by a student (actually future student) at the New Orleans seminary and realized that a blog was both therapy for the blogger and a place to write thoughts that reflected humility, gratitude, and wonder at what God does with frail humans who journey with Him.

If nobody else reads this, I pray that it is a place to be able to see where I need course corrections. Proverbs 23:7 says, (and I like the New King James translation) "For as he thinks in his heart, so is he." Too often, I am not honest with myself about what is going on in my heart. Perhaps seeing my words will make me more honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment