504 Java Profile

504 Java Profile
Two of my favorite things

Sunday, January 31, 2010

On Conclave and Community.

I got to minister along side of some pretty amazing people this weekend. The Southeast Youth Ministry Conclave in Chattanooga is lots of great training, lots of inspiration and lots of community. It has the feel of a youth ministry family reunion.

We were blessed with a beautiful snowfall--though the idea of snow in the Southeast is a travel-stopper. I must confess, and maybe even apologize for being distracted with the question of if and when I would get out, what it would cost, how the details would work out...a wise youth minister in Nashville postponed an event and I received the gift of time.

I am reminded that if we aren't careful, we can get so caught up in the details of the "next" that we miss the "now." I was blessed to have great conversations with some dear friends in ministry--and to spend some time with some amazing teenagers, breakfast with colleagues, dinner with former youth groupers who now lead ministries of their own.

It was truly a family reunion.

No comments:

Post a Comment